Marvel: New Age of Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The coming darkness

2 posters

Go down

The coming darkness Empty The coming darkness

Post by Sage Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:11 am

Coyle Delaney : settled his head against the wall and gave a soft groan of pain as things in there jostled around and tried to find their way back, but didn't seem to be able to settle back into place. Hell, Ceara telling him about what she had seen from him seemed to have sparked some change, some part of his mind trying to grasp what was going on... but fuck>
Coyle Delaney : it hurt. He grabbed the bottle of asgardian liquor and drank it all down as quick as he could, throwing down a handful of strong pills with it, it had to stop for fucks sake. He wasn't sure how or why his mind was broken, but he had a feeling T'Challa had some idea, the Wakandan king popped around here too fucking much to just be doing a >
Coyle Delaney : 'friendly visit'
Coyle Delaney : for Kala)
You have poked ᴘᴇʀѕᴇᴘноɴᴇ!
Black_Panther has joined the conversation.
νɪοʟᴇᴛ : XD]]
νɪοʟᴇᴛ : Fair enough.]]
You have been licked by ᴘᴇʀѕᴇᴘноɴᴇ!
νɪοʟᴇᴛ has left the conversation.
ᴘᴇʀѕᴇᴘноɴᴇ : After an incredibly long visit with her newfound sister, brother in law, and nephew, her mind was still reeling. She needed something concrete. She needed to talk to someone; to tell her she wasn't crazy. Taking a cab back to SHIELD's HQ, she walked into the compound through the hidden side entrance and shot Delphine a text. She wasn't sure >>
ᴘᴇʀѕᴇᴘноɴᴇ : why, but she felt the woman would be just the person to talk to in this situation. The text read 'I need someone to slap me. Where are you?' Without receiving a text back, she decided to explore, and went towards the mess hall.
Ceara Ó Seanáin : -She'd left her door unlocked and was a little selfishly disappointed that Coyle hadn't taken her up on her offer, but it was most understandable given all he'd revealed, now was probably not the time for more sexy times on the kitchen counter, and in the bedroom, and on the living room floor.. She put on some clothes and stepped out to see if she>
Ceara Ó Seanáin : > could find him around.. She ventured to the back area of the bar and it's hidden rooms, feeling drawn there somehow, similar to when she was healed by him, she could feel that unique warmth.
Augur : -She was in a state of deep meditation, but the Other was refusing to tell her anything "Listen you asshole! You make my life a constant state of confusion and despair, showing me how messed up this world and every other one can be, but you can't spare five seconds just to tell me if I should ask someone out?" ~I can.. I just, enjoy your suffering>
Augur : far too much. Of all the madness the future can offer, seeing you stress over this is simply, priceless~ she snapped to her senses when her phone alert sounded. She summoned the phone to her hand and smiled seeing who sent it, but was confused at the message, she sent back "I'm at home, but I can find you anywhere in this plane of existence.>
Augur : > I'm supposed to be heading to HQ though, meet there?" she quickly got her clothes on, having found her meditations worked better naked.
Coyle Delaney : what the hell was wrong with him? why did he feel like there was a big chunk of things that were missing from his life, things that he had a feeling that he should know, it was as if someone reached into his mind and just pulled out a bunch of wires and he was struggling to plug them all back in, some going into the wrong places. He sighed and >
ᴘᴇʀѕᴇᴘноɴᴇ : She texted back 'Yeah, sounds good. I'm already here.' She sat down on top of one of the long tables, and laid down until her body spanned the entire length of the table. She propped up one of her legs and sighed deeply as she tried to process all that had happened. "What the fuck is this day..." She shook her head and took off her glasses for >>
ᴘᴇʀѕᴇᴘноɴᴇ : a second, rubbing at her eyes, before replacing them back on her face.
·Sarah·OHara· has left the conversation.
Coyle Delaney : took another long drink from the bottle, he had to get a grip. Sex was fun and all and it helped forget for a time... but when it was someone that seemed to want to stick around, it sorta freaked him out a bit.
Ceara Ó Seanáin : "Coyle?" she asked as she moved towards him, not fully seeing him, but a glow about him, especially where his heart was. she blinked her vision to normal as she asked again "Coyle? What are you doing here? You look like you shouldn't be alone right now." She found the visions he'd given her the night before, start to clarify and come to order.
Augur : ~Are you going to run? She sounds urgent~ "Shut up!" she muttered as she did the same daredevilish move she'd done not long ago, using her limited mental powers to slow her fall ~I could get us there faster, I'm much stronger than you~ "You could also scar her for life! Shut it!" She landed on top of a cab and took hold of the steering wheel with >
Augur : her mind, bringing it to the curb before getting in hiring the confused driver "Switch lanes. Trust me.. Run this amber light, you'll be fine.. Speed here, the cop is busy playing Pokemon Go and forgot to turn his camera on." She soon arrived and flashed her ID, as she raced in to the lab first, saw no one and bolted for the messhall "I'm here!"
ᴘᴇʀѕᴇᴘноɴᴇ : Resting a hand on her stomach while her opposite forearm rested against her forehead, she tried to assess the situation with logic, but nothing came. Sure, she could see why both of them would have been put up for adoption, but it was weird that she ended up in the US, and Violet stayed in the UK. Hearing the door open, she rolled her head >>
ᴘᴇʀѕᴇᴘноɴᴇ : over to one side and saw Delphine, smiling at how enthusiastic she was. "Hey. I...have something pretty fucked up to tell you about my day."
Augur : "Is the world ending? Just ignore that, in every world ending scenario, the heroes will come through for at least the next nine thousand years, jokes aside, what's up? Tell me everything." She sat down next to the table Seph was laying down on, patting her dreadlocked head "We should be alone for a while, a mission is about to be announced for the>
Augur : squad that normally eats here around this time, they're being deployed to Kenya."
Coyle Delaney : Frowned as he heard her speak and he settled the now empty bottle in the trash, it was about the only thing that could really get him drunk and the drugs he took he had to eat handfuls of to get anywhere near feeling a buzz from them. He wiped a hand over his face and took a slow breath as he turned towards Ceara as she came his way "I'm fine" >
Black_Panther is away (Auto-Away).
Coyle Delaney : he gave casually, not sure if she would remember what he had said about his 'fine' the other night
Ceara Ó Seanáin : "You don't look fine, even if you can't lie, but fine is such a vague term, so you can say it and arbitraily.. arbi.. oh you know the word, that thing where you decide for reasons what it means.. You never came up, I thought you might want company, even if just to talk."
ᴘᴇʀѕᴇᴘноɴᴇ : SORRY! Jaime came home from work.XD]]
Augur : np)
ᴘᴇʀѕᴇᴘноɴᴇ : She moved to sit up after being petted - not that she didn't like that - and swung her legs over the side of the tabletop, to just beside Delphine. She then proceeded to explain just what the hell had happened. Her newfound twin sister, her family, and the fact that Violet's son had the exact same power skill set as she did. >>
ᴘᴇʀѕᴇᴘноɴᴇ : "It's...so fucked. Like, magical as balls but...it's wrinkling my brain...I need a drink."
Augur : "We aren't supposed to have alcohol on base. I have some Saurian brandy in my office. Want some? Also, what's magical?" She moved to sit on the table next to her, glad that there was no lasting fallout from her drunken New Years Eve antics. ~Hmm.. I wonder if even now, if she can see me, or hear me~ the Other spoke within her mind.
ᴘᴇʀѕᴇᴘноɴᴇ : "Just...a turn of phrase I guess. Not real magic. It just seems...so unreal, y'know?" She sighed and perked up at the mention of alcohol. "That sounds awesome. And a little fancy. So I wouldn't mind taking some off your hands." She chuckled, glancing over at her with a curious expression. "Thanks, by the way. I had no idea who else to talk to >>
ᴘᴇʀѕᴇᴘноɴᴇ : about this; but you're like...the only person I think I trust in this city..."
Augur : "Yes and I lied to you when we first met, but I think I've been rather honest since then.. No worries at all, come, let's go get some of my secret stash. Hercules brought it back with him from a mission from the Savage Land, he does things for us at times." She went to lead her by the hand before heading out of the messhall and towards her work >
Augur : area on the same floor "So, come in, take a seat, have a drink, and do your best to shock me." She requested as she unlocked her desk drawing out the bottle and opened it.
Coyle Delaney : "I'm fine, nuttin' t' worry bout" because it wasn't like worrying could do much or bring back whatever memories it was that were missing, nor could it explain why things were missing. "Sorry, I got busy down here, dun take 't t'mean I ain' interes'ed, yer a gorgeous woman Ceara... y'really are
Coyle Delaney : "
ᴘᴇʀѕᴇᴘноɴᴇ : She had come to realize that taking someone's hand wasn't exactly the odd thing it was back home; it was just Delphine's way. And she wouldn't lie, she kind of liked it, even though she was trying to respect her personal space. When they walked through the halls towards her office, she moved to sit in the seat across from her desk, as though >>
ᴘᴇʀѕᴇᴘноɴᴇ : she were having an interview. She sighed and shook her head, before laughing softly. "I don't know that anything has ever been so fucking...fucked, y'know? Like, how do you process meeting a twin you didn't know about, and the fact that you have a nephew, that has the same power you have. And on top of that, he's an infant! It's incredibly rare >>
ᴘᴇʀѕᴇᴘноɴᴇ : for a mutant's powers to manifest before adolescence."
Ceara Ó Seanáin : -She looked down smiling, liking what she heard "Thank you, I think I'm a little interested too.. Hey, what is this place here? I don't think I've ever been to this part of the bar before. Looks like a good place for poker games or shady dealings with less than totally law abiding citizens."
Augur : -The reason she took her hand now and then, was because she calculated a high likelihood that it would be accepted, also, being a slender, unimposing figure, it was a sign of connection, also, she had felt an attraction to Seph from seeing her file at first, it had built as she got to know her better, and Seph had been open about her preferences >
Augur : from as early as when they'd seen the tarot card reader. "I can honestly say I've not been in that situation before.. There was nothing on your file about having a twin or anything, I never looked into your family background, in fact, I don't think your file has much in the way of information like that.. You said an infant mutant? That isn't just >
Augur : rare, it's.. Who else knows?"
ᴘᴇʀѕᴇᴘноɴᴇ : "I don't even think Violet and Joe knew, until I told them. So...just the four of us." She furrowed her brow. "Why?" She was a little worried now. Should she be worried for the child's safety? She felt some semblance of responsibility for the child now, knowing she was related to it by blood. "Fuck's sake. Better pour me that drink..."
Augur : -She moved to the wall and moved a picture that she set on the table, opened the back and pulled out a device "Shi'ar tech, I'm not supposed to have this. If the higher ups do have any listening devices in here, they were just erased. Now we have about twenty minutes worth of free speech. More like eighteen, I set it to change whatever we said two>
Augur : minutes ago.. Now don't freak out, even if what I say is freak worthy. I told you about my powers right? How I see future images?"
ᴘᴇʀѕᴇᴘноɴᴇ : Persephone stood up from where she sat, watching what Delphine did in confusion before she explained what she had just done. "Holy shit, that's cool." She watched her after a moment. "Yes, I remember." This was getting more convoluted than she originally intended. She moved to stand closer to her, waiting for her to go on.
Coyle Delaney : "jus' a spare room, fer various tings, meetin's, poker, wha'evers needed" though he had some vague memory of having a few games of poker here and there, he wasn't sure when it had been but it hadn't been recent. "I jus' needed a breather" he uttered gently "been a busy nigh', been tryin' t' figure out wha's goin' on in me head" he told her >
Coyle Delaney : as he tried to shake the pain away
Augur : "I think I also explained how some things I see are basically gibberish abstract art, sometimes they are not. Now infant mutants? Not a big deal usually, not unless they're an omega, but they generally come after, before or during a major event. One happened during the Skrull invasion, one happened after a mind controlled Hercules went on a >
Augur : rampage through half of East Timor and and another when an extinction level meteor was headed for Earth. The Avengers worked with the X-Men to stop that one. I saw a vision two years ago about a mutant infant that would proceed what I could only describe as darkness covering half of North America, it's part of why I'm stationed here."
ᴘᴇʀѕᴇᴘноɴᴇ : "I mean...all that shit that happened here last year? Would make sense..." Persephone shrugged. "I wasn't here for it but I saw it on the news. It was a shit show..." When she began to explain one of her visions, she blinked and looked taken aback. "But...how? If what you saw is true, it...makes no sense...he's only a baby. And his ability is to >>
ᴘᴇʀѕᴇᴘноɴᴇ : suss out the powers of others-- unless..." She paused, and began to pace. "Oh god...what if someone tries to harness that power? I felt it; that kid is fucking powerful. Maybe even more than me. I think his radius is way fucking bigger. If someone found out, and took him for their own use..." She shivered, looking away. "Fuck..."
Augur : "It goes a little deeper than that, or it could potentially. The algorithm we were working is meant to be an extension of powers like yours. I didn't know, I promise, but I've been figuring out things I'm not supposed to know. The power to identify powers can theoretically be altered to make powers, or suppress them completely."

Sage

Back to top Go down

The coming darkness Empty Re: The coming darkness

Post by Admin Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:18 pm

Persephone furrowed her brow, and moved to the nearby wall, leaning against it. "Holy shit," she said quietly, taking off her glasses and rubbing at her eyes as she tried to process what she said. "Okay, I don't think I could possible take any more fucking revelations today. I need...I need to get high. That's the only way I'll be able to deal." She looked across at Delphine. "Come on," she said as she walked towards the door. "We're going to my new apartment."

Admin
Admin

https://marvelnaoh.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sage Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:28 am

Delphine : -She whispered to Seph "I know about the girl, that's Fire Starter, the one Gamma squad has been keeping tabs on. I don't know anything about the bartender, but I'm pretty sure he did something to her, power wise. Couldn't say what, but she just went from 25% as high as we were to sober in like a second and.." she went quiet as she pulled back>
Delphine : > looking blankly from Seph, to the window and back again.. "You have got to be kidding me."

Persephone : She blinked, looking over at the woman before taking a swig of the beer in front of her. "I mean, somehow I'm not surprised anymore..." She chuckled, shaking her head. She wasn't deeply familiar with what gamma squad was currently supposed to be doing, but now she had a very good idea. When Delphine looked out the window, Seph followed her gaze >>
Persephone : but saw nothing. "What?"

Delphine : "I just came out." she replied blankly "Gamma squad has you know who under tabs. They are watching the building. We just kissed in this building." She looked to the window scowling "Yeah laugh it up! Get all the jokes out of the way, and if you want a show, have this!" She grabbed Seph off her seat and held her while dipping down, to kiss her >

Persephone bites on her lip and makes groping gestures at Del...]]

Delphine : deeply. She eventually came up for air and looked to the window saying "There! Fine! Everyone knows now! and if any of you call us 'dykes on bikes,' they're getting choked!" she made a Vader hand gesture.

Persephone : LOL I think that's an amazing place to end it for the night.]]

Delphine drags Seph to the storage room, then back to her place. Both of them have messy hair.

Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum